pigblog

...it is from that hour that I incline to date my Spiritual New-birth, or Baphometic Fire-baptism; perhaps I directly thereupon began to be a Pig.

March 13, 2006

Sleepytime Pigs

The pigs seem to be going through a phase where they keep tipping their pigloos over. I'm talking multiple times a day. I think it happens because Bessie has discovered that the walls of her pigloo are transparent enough that she can spy on Maude from inside. When Maude comes too close, she tosses the pigloo up with her nose and pounces on Maude, knocking the pigloo all the way over in the process. Then, inevitably, both pigs will fight over the remaining pigloo, and it's super annoying. So, one day last week, I decided to take away their pigloos for a few minutes to "teach them a lesson." This sulky little naptime is what ensued. Awwwww!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Early spring cleaning, perhaps? Maybe Bessie was a trapdoor spider in prior life. Or else she's attempting to engage Maude in a little creative re-enactment of the death of the Philistines in "Samson Agonistes"-- Maude does have all that glorious hair, after all. Both pigs are adorable!

7:41 pm  
Blogger bugg said...

Ha! That's hilarious! Thanks for the kind compliment on the pigs. I think all your hypotheses are sound. I especially like your Samson reading: it really captures that special combination of nobility and absurdity that is the hallmark of the guinea pig.

12:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home