pigblog

...it is from that hour that I incline to date my Spiritual New-birth, or Baphometic Fire-baptism; perhaps I directly thereupon began to be a Pig.

November 20, 2005

Piggie update

Hey, so, I've switched the piggies' bedding from disposable Carefresh (made from recycled paper, pictured here) to reusable fleece, which is pictured below. I got a foam pad (wrapped in a plastic bag, then layered newspapers over that, then lay down my double thickness of fleece and this is what it looks like. It seems a lot messier because hay and poo and whatnot doesn't mix in with the bits, like it did with Carefresh, but I can just shake this off everyday. Plus I'm trying to train them to use their "petit coin" for peeing, which will make matters even better.









Maude has started to hide away from Bessie in the hay. She hates it when Bessie does her hourly "pigloo invasions," so this seems like a good solution. I wish it didn't look so sad!






Poor Maude!









Bessie having some laptime yet still watchful of the goings-on in her cage. She's a vigilant little miss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home