pigblog

...it is from that hour that I incline to date my Spiritual New-birth, or Baphometic Fire-baptism; perhaps I directly thereupon began to be a Pig.

November 08, 2005

Bathtime


No fun, eh? Well this is what happens when you spray each other with your pee during playtime. Notice the bits of apple floating in the dunk-tank: because you can't use people soap on piggies, I thought it might make them smell pleasantly like green apples to toss a few into the bathwater.

Result? Um, no, they still smell vaguely like pee and sawdust.

Geez, what a sad sight they are wet, though. Especially Miss Maude.



Safe on dry land. Looking rather sheepish; a little ashamed of themselves. Why do all animals get that look on their face when you bathe them?

I don't think this bath turned a corner for them or anything, although they were cuddling together right afterwards, in the towel. But today their interaction was a little less fight-y...

Maude is still doing her best drag king impression, rumbling around like a big man. I think on Thursday I'm going to get some proper guinea shampoo, bathe both pigs, scrub their cage, pigloos and bowls until no trace of their former scents remain, and let them figure it out. The religous debate can take place at that time, I imagine.

More Maude trivia: did you know Maude was once the front-pig for an indie band named "Maude and the Honeybees?" They had one hit single: "Oh no (that not nice)."

1 Comments:

Blogger bugg said...

Wow, Diaper Cake, thanks for the biggest laugh I've had all day. This is the funniest generic spam comment ever... deep thoughts? Fabulous ideas? A prayer for our boys overseas?

11:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home