pigblog

...it is from that hour that I incline to date my Spiritual New-birth, or Baphometic Fire-baptism; perhaps I directly thereupon began to be a Pig.

November 06, 2005

The Wall


Here is a photo of current piggie living arrangements. We put a barrier between the pigs so they could check each other out without killing or maiming each other.







And while they don't get along when given full access to one another, they spend a lot of time parading up and down in front of the bars, sniffing each other, bumping noses, and occasionally sharing some hay.

We took the barrier down yesterday to see if they would sort out their differences once and for all. Here they are scoping out the situation from the comfort of their respective homes. Once the barrier was down, they went crazy eating each other's food, running in and out of each other's pigloos, tasting each other's water, and basically doing the whole "mom! she's on my side of the car!" thing.

Here they are chasing each other around the cage. This again resulted in a few nipping fights, sustained teeth chattering on both sides (which is so creepy -- anyone ever see Dark City?) and (gasp) humping. They also push each other around by shoving their noses in each other's butts. Good times!

I think from now on we'll take cavyspirit's advice and keep introducing them in neutral zones rather than letting them get all territorial in their own cages. I hope they realize they'll have to submit to a bath if all this doesn't work... they so don't want that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the first aerial shot. I'd describe why I like it but I'm brain-dead. I'm writing a paper you see. The only brain power I have left is being used to procrastinate...that's why I'm here checking out iPigs again.

Can you attach audio or video files? I think I'd feel much closer to Maude and (hopefully even closer) to Ms Brambledown if I could hear their sweet voices.

10:32 pm  
Blogger bugg said...

Hey Chris,
I'd love to attach some video -- we have a couple of cute ones of the pigs sniffing around, and one that captures the fighting I've been talking so much about, but I'm not sure how to put them up here. Anyone know enough about Blogger to give me some advice? I'll hunt around the "help" pages myself....
Great suggestion! Thanks again!

10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home