pigblog

...it is from that hour that I incline to date my Spiritual New-birth, or Baphometic Fire-baptism; perhaps I directly thereupon began to be a Pig.

November 07, 2005

A word from Buddha

Buddha intervenes at the start of our latest "introduction" session: "guys, could you please, PLEASE not fight? It's so annoying, it makes me want to stop smiling big enough to crack my face. And that's just not cool. I'm supposed to be the fat, happy Buddha -- that's something I thought guinea pigs could get behind! You're even vegans for goodness' sake! I totally support that! Come on now! Have some respect!"



So, taking this message to heart, Maude and Bessie scramble into a yin-yang formation, thoughtfully demonstrating their good intentions, yet (characteristically) ignoring the fact that such a move is pretty much culturally irrelevant to Buddha.... He appreciated the effort, though.





The pigs were surprisingly subdued this time around. They spent about the first 20 minutes just checking each other out, sticking their noses in each other's necks, and -- wow -- not fighting.








Of course such great behaviour couldn't last long, and they eventually went a couple of rounds. However, I did find what cavyspirit reports to be true: that sows might snap at each other and posture a lot, but they are great big fakers. It's all about bluffing and trying not to actually engage. I think Maude has pretty much established herself as the dominant piggie, but Bessie will continue to challenge her from time to time. Ultimately, though, I think they are starting to work it out.


Bessie is trying her best to see into the closet. God forbid she should ever get in there -- she'd have to start all over on her own, because I sure as heck wouldn't be able to find her.

Notice the poo. It's an essential part of any Maude and Bessie outing. The scrapping usually results in a pooping contest.



Wrangling guineas is hard work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home